Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hold Your Horses!

Hold on! Before you jump too quickly to the conclusion that I neglected my blog these past 3 weeks, let me tell you something.  I have been tied up with a little project of my own which I think will help you--- self-publishing something!  I always want writers to be writing their memoirs.  Not exactly what I accomplished. But, in a way, because I wanted a family tradition to live on, I made up a children’s story for Christmas. You see, placing 9 wooden scripture ornaments on our tree each Christmas Eve is what the kids in our house did. While I've never written a children’s story, I fancied one starring three little angels searching for the real Christmas.


So, how did I get started? Here’s how! Oh, not like the old days when you looked for an agent and selected many publishers for simultaneous submissions! I studied the self-publishing offers, checked with self-published friends, and checked my bank balance. Did I need a hard cover/soft cover? Page-sized illustrations? Not being a graphic designer… (Stay with me!....TBC on Wednesday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment